Installing the optional two-port Ethernet adapter
To install an Ethernet adapter, complete the following steps:
1. Read the safety information that begins on page vii and "Installation guidelines"
on page 37.
2. Make sure that the server is turned off, all external cables and power cords are
disconnected, and the cover has been removed. For more information, see
"Turning off the server" on page 22 and "Removing the cover" on page 44.
3. Attach the rubber stopper on the chassis, along the edge of the system board,
as shown in the following illustration.
4. Remove the adapter filler panel on the rear of the chassis (if it has not been
5. Install the two standoffs on the system board.
6. Insert the bottom tabs of the metal clip into the port openings from outside the
Chapter 2. Installing optional devices