Installing a PCI riser-card assembly
To install a PCI riser-card assembly, complete the following steps.
Note: The illustrations in this document might differ slightly from your hardware.
1. Read the safety information that begins on page vii and "Installation guidelines"
2. Make sure that the server and all peripheral devices are turned off and that the
3. Reinstall any adapters and reconnect any internal cables that you removed in
4. Align the PCI riser-card assembly with the selected PCI riser-card connector on
5. Press down on the assembly. Make sure that the riser-card assembly is fully
If you have other devices to install, do so now. Otherwise, go to "Completing the
installation" on page 139.
System x3650 M3 Types 4255, 7945, and 7949: Installation and User's Guide
on page 37.
power cords and all external cables are disconnected.
the system board:
v PCI riser-card connector 1: Carefully fit the two alignment slots on the side of
the assembly onto the two alignment brackets in the side of the chassis.
v PCI riser-card connector 2: Carefully align the bottom edge (the contact
edge) of the riser-card assembly with the PCI riser-card connector on the
seated in the riser-card connector on the system board.