15. MAINTENANCE AND INSPECTION
• Connect the battery correctly.
Do not discharge, disassemble, heat, short, solder or throw the battery into the fire.
These may cause the buttery to burst or fire.
• Do not touch the terminals while the power is on.
Doing so can cause an electric shock.
• Before starting cleaning or retightening the terminal screws, always switch off the external power sup-
plies used in the system in all phases.
Cleaning or retightening the terminal screws while the power is on may cause an electric shock.
• Before changing the backlight, always switch off the GOT power externally in all phases (when the GOT
is connected to the bus, the PLC CPU power must also be switched off externally in all phases) and
remove the GOT from the control panel.
Not switching off the power in all phases may cause an electric shock.
Not removing the unit from the control panel can cause injury due to a drop.
• Do not disassemble or modify the unit.
Doing so can cause a failure, malfunction or fire.
• Do not touch the conductive and electronic parts of the GOT directly.
Doing so can cause a unit malfunction failure.
• The cables connected to the unit must be run in ducts or clamped.
Not doing so can cause the unit or cable to be damaged due to the dangling, motion or accidental pulling
of the cables or can cause a malfunction due to a cable connection fault.
• When unplugging the cable connected to GOT, do not hold and pull the cable portion.
Doing so can cause the unit or cable to be damaged or can cause a malfunction due to a cable connec-
• Before insert/remove the connection cable, power off the GOT.
Not doing so can cause a failure or malfunction.
• When replacing the backlight, use the gloves.
Otherwise, it may cause you to be injured.
• Start changing the backlight more than 5 minutes after switching the GOT power off.
Not doing so can cause a burn due to the heat of the backlight.
• Do not drop or give an impact to the battery mounted on the unit.
Doing so can cause the battery to be damaged due to the drop or the impact, making the battery liquid to
leak in the battery.
Do not use but dispose the battery that is dropped or given an impact.
• Before touching the unit, be sure to touch grounded metal or similar objects to discharge the static elec-
tricity from human body.
Not doing so can cause a failure or malfunction of the unit.
• When disposing of the product, handle it as industrial waste.
The GOT does not include consumable components that will cause the shorten life.
However, the battery, liquid crystal screen and backlight have each life length.
It is recommended to replace the battery, backlight periodically.
(For the replacement of the liquid crystal screen, please consult Mitsubishi (Electric System) Service.)
Refer to the following section for the lives of the battery, liquid crystal screen and backlight.
3.2 Performance Specifications