10.1 Communication Setting
10.1.3 Communication setting contents
Precautions for communications between GOT and controller
(1) Installing communication driver and downloading Communication Setting
The followings below are required for the communication interface to
communicate with the controller.
1) Installing communication drivers (Up to 4 communication drivers)
2) Assigning the channel number and communication driver for the
3) Downloading the contents (project data) assigned in 2).
Perform1), 2), 3) by GT designer2.
• GT Designer2Version Screen Design Manual
(3.7 Communication Interface Setting (Communication Settings))
• GT Designer2Version Basic Operation/Data Transfer Manual
(8.3.1 Downloading project data [PC to GOT])
(2) When Communication Setting has not been downloaded.
The GOT automatically assigns the installed communication driver in the order of
1 to 4 as follows.(Only the extend interface is assigned automatically.)
1) ChNo.1, CCommunication driver installed at 1st
2) ChNo.2, CCommunication driver installed at 2nd
3) ChNo.3, CCommunication driver installed at 3rd
4) ChNo.4, CCommunication driver installed at 4th
(a) After communication driver is assigned automatically.
When saving the settings to the GOT with
assignment of communication driver, automatic assignment will not be
performed at the next time and after.
Refer to the following for details.
button after the automatic