Parts Replacement Procedures
4. Fold back the cables to avoid interference or damage before removal of the system
5. Remove the two T-15 Torx screws from the rear of the chassis. See Figure 2-58.
Figure 2-58. System Board T-15 Torx Screws
T-15 Torx Screws
To avoid damaging the processor, do not use the turbo cooler fan housing as a
handhold for removing the system board.
6. Grasp the system board and slide to the front of the workstation.
7. Tilt the system board up and rotate clockwise while lifting out of the chassis.
Installing the System Board
Perform the following steps to replace the defective system board with the new system
To avoid system board damage, verify that your static-grounding strap is
securely attached to your wrist and to bare metal on the workstation chassis.
Reference "Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) Precautions" on page 9.
1. Before installing the new System Board assembly fold back the cables to avoid
interference or damage.
Note: No other screws need to be removed.