Paper is jammed near transport unit.
What to Do
If you cannot see the paper at the paper output slot, remove the paper from the transport unit.
To remove the paper, follow these steps.
• If paper becomes jammed during printing and you need to turn off the machine to remove it, press
the Stop button to stop the printing before you turn off the machine.
1. Turn off machine and unplug it.
2. Stand machine up on its right side.
If you can see the jammed paper at the front tray, stand the machine with the front tray open.
• Make sure the document cover is closed before you stand the machine up on its side.
• Stand the machine on a wide and flat surface such as a desk.
• Hold the machine securely with both hands to stand it up, being careful not to hit anything.
3. If protective material for transport unit remains attached, remove it.
4. Push open lever to open transport unit.
Support the machine with your hand so that it does not fall over when you open or close the transport