Paper is jammed in paper output slot.
What to Do
If you can see the jammed paper at the paper output slot, remove the paper by following these steps.
1. Slowly pull out paper.
Hold the paper with both hands, and pull it out slowly so as not to tear it.
• Do not pull the paper out from the front tray even though you can see the jammed paper at the
front tray. Pulling the paper out forcibly from the front tray may damage the machine.
• If you cannot pull out the paper, turn the machine back on. The paper may be ejected
• If paper becomes jammed during printing and you need to turn off the machine to remove it,
press the Stop button to stop the printing before you turn off the machine.
• If you cannot pull the paper out from the paper output slot, try to pull the paper out from the
• If the paper tears and you cannot remove the jammed paper from the paper output slot, remove
the paper from inside the machine.
Paper Is Jammed inside Machine
2. Reload the paper and press machine's Black or Color button.
The printer resumes printing. Reprint the page you were printing if it was not printed properly due to
the paper jam.
If you turned off the machine in step 1, the print data that was sent to the printer is erased. Redo the
• When reloading the paper, make sure you are using suitable paper and loading it correctly.