Transporting Your Printer
When relocating the machine for changing your living place or repairing it, make sure of the following.
• Pack the machine in a sturdy box so that it is placed with its bottom facing down, using sufficient
protective material to ensure safe transport.
• With the FINE cartridge left installed in the machine, press the ON button to turn off the power. This
allows the machine to automatically cap the print head, thus preventing it from drying.
• After packing, do not tilt the box containing the machine or turn it on its side or upside down. Doing so
may cause the ink to leak during transport and cause damage to the machine.
• When a shipping agent is handling transport of the machine, have its box marked "THIS SIDE UP" to
keep the machine with its bottom facing down. Mark also with "FRAGILE" or "HANDLE WITH CARE".
1. Turn the machine off.
2. Confirm that the ON lamp is off and
• Do not unplug the machine while the ON lamp is lit or flashing, as it may cause malfunction or
damage to the machine, making the machine unable to print.
3. Retract the paper output support, then close the paper output tray. Retract the paper
support with the output tray extension closed.
4. Close the front cover.
5. Unplug the printer cable from the computer and from the machine, then unplug the power
cord from the machine.
6. Use adhesive tape to secure all the covers on the machine to keep them from opening
during transportation. Then pack the machine in the plastic bag.
7. Attach the protective material to the machine when packing the machine in the box.
unplug the power