Aligning the Print Head Position Automatically
Print head alignment corrects the installation positions of the print head and improves deviated colors and
This printer supports two head alignment methods: automatic head alignment and manual head alignment.
Normally, the printer is set for automatic head alignment. If the printing results of automatic print head
alignment are not satisfactory,
The procedure for performing automatic print head alignment is as follows:
Print Head Alignment
1. Open the
printer driver setup window
2. Click Print Head Alignment on the Maintenance tab
The Start Print Head Alignment dialog box opens.
3. Load paper in the printer
Load one sheet of A4 size or Letter size plain paper into the front tray.
• The number of sheets to be used differs when you select the manual head alignment.
4. Print head alignment pattern printing
Make sure that the printer is on and click Align Print Head.
The adjustment pattern is printed.
• Do not open the paper output cover while printing is in progress.
5. Adjustment pattern scanning
After the adjustment pattern is printed, a message is displayed.
As instructed in the message, load the adjustment pattern onto the platen, and press the Start button
on the printer.
Print head alignment starts.
• To print and check the current setting, open the Start Print Head Alignment dialog box, and click
Print Alignment Value.
perform manual head