"Function Support List by Model (Auto Power
Auto Power Off function.
The silent function allows you to reduce the operating noise of this machine. Use this when you wish to
reduce the operating noise such as when scanning or printing at night.
Click Settings... to set the quiet mode.
• You can set the quiet mode from the operation panel of the machine, the printer driver, or
No matter how the setting is made, it applies to operations from the operation panel of the machine
or when printing/scanning from a computer, etc.
• Scanning or printing may take longer than usual when this function is used.
Do not use quiet mode
Select this option when you wish to use the machine with volume of normal operating noise.
Always use quiet mode
Select this option when you wish to reduce the operating noise of the machine.
Use quiet mode during specified hours
Select this option when you wish to reduce the operating noise of the machine during a specified
period of time.
Set the Start time and End time during which quiet mode is to be activated.
• The time specified in Start time and in End time must be different.
• If your scanner or printer does not support fax functions, quiet mode is not applied to
operations (copy, direct print, etc.) performed directly from the machine even if the hours are
Select Folder Where Temporary Files are Saved
Displays the folder in which to save images temporarily. To change the folder, click Browse... to specify
You can set the machine to play music during/at the end of a scan.
Select the Play music during scanning or Play sound when scanning is completed checkbox, then
click Browse... and specify a sound file.
You can specify the following files.
• MIDI file (*.mid, *.rmi, *.midi)
• Audio file (*.wav, *.aif, *.aiff)
Off)" to check if your model supports the