• If No Driver is displayed for the name, associate the port with the printer.
When Printer Driver Is Not Associated with Port
• If Not Found is displayed for the status, check the followings:
• The wireless router is turned on.
• When using wired LAN, the LAN cable is connected properly.
• If the printer on a network is not detected, make sure the printer is turned on and select Refresh.
It may take several minutes to detect printers. If the printer is not yet detected, connect the
machine and the computer with a USB cable and select Refresh.
• If the printer is being used from another computer, a screen is displayed informing you of this
• This item has the same function as Update in the Canon IJ Network Tool screen.
Displays the Network Information screen to check the network settings of the printer and the
Network Information Screen
Display Warning Automatically
Enables or disables automatic display of the instruction screen.
When this menu is selected, the instruction screen is displayed if one or more ports are
unavailable for printing.
3. Settings menu
Displays the Configuration screen to configure settings of the selected printer.
• This item has the same function as Configuration... in the Canon IJ Network Tool screen.
Enable switch printer function when printer is used
When you cannot use your printer, you can use the same one on the network instead. When you
enable this function and you cannot use your printer, the screen to make sure whether you start
searching the same printer as yours is displayed. Follow the message on the screen.
• When this function is enabled, a check mark appears on the menu.
Switch printer now
You can use the same printer on the network immediately. Clicking this item starts searching for
the same one on the network and the result is listed on the Select Printer screen. Select the
printer to use from the list.
Displays the Associate Port screen and you can associate a port with the printer.
Associate Port Screen