Replacing a FINE Cartridge
When remaining ink cautions or errors occur, the ink lamps and the Alarm lamp will flash to inform you of
the error. Count the number of flashes and take appropriate action.
An Error Occurs
• For precautionary notes on handling FINE cartridges, see
When you need to replace a FINE cartridge, follow the procedure below.
1. Make sure that the power is turned on, then open the front cover (A) and the paper output
2. Open the paper output cover (C).
When the FINE cartridge holder moves to the replacement position, the head cover (D) OPENS
• Do not hold the FINE cartridge holder to stop or move it forcibly. Do not touch the FINE
cartridge holder until it stops completely.
• The head cover will open automatically after you open the paper output cover. If you have
closed the head cover while replacing a FINE cartridge, close the paper output cover, then open
Notes on FINE