Choosing a location
• Do not install the machine in a location that is unstable or subject to excessive vibration.
• Do not install the machine in locations that are very humid or dusty, in direct sunlight, outdoors, or
close to a heating source.
To avoid the risk of fire or electric shocks, use the machine under the operating environment specified
in the Specification.
• Do not place the machine on a thick rug or carpet.
• Do not place the machine with its back attached to the wall.
• Ensure that the area around the power outlet is kept clear at all times so you can easily unplug the
power cord if necessary.
• Never remove the plug by pulling on the cord.
Pulling the cord may damage the power cord, leading to possible fire or electrical shock.
• Do not use an extension lead/cord.
Working around the machine
• Never put your hands or fingers in the machine while it is printing.
• When moving the machine, carry the machine at both ends. In case the machine weighs more than
14 kg, it is recommended to have two people lifting the machine. Accidental dropping of the machine
causes injury. For the machine's weight, refer to the Specification.
• Do not place any object on the machine. Especially do not place metal objects (paper clips, staples,
etc.) or containers of flammable solvents (alcohol, thinners, etc.) on top of the machine.
• Do not transport or use the machine on a slant, vertically or upside-down, as the ink may leak and
damage the machine.
Working around the machine (For the multifunction printer)
• When loading a thick book on the Platen Glass, do not press hard on the Document Cover. The
Platen Glass may break and cause injury.
Print Heads/ink tanks and FINE Cartridges
• Keep ink tanks out of the reach of children. In case ink* is accidentally licked or swallowed, rinse out
mouth or give one or two glasses of water to drink. If irritation or discomfort occurs, obtain medical
* Clear Ink contains nitrate salts (For models containing Clear Ink).
• In case ink gets in contact with eyes, rinse with water immediately. In case ink gets in contact with
skin, wash with soap and water immediately. If irritation to eyes or skin persists, obtain medical advice
• Never touch the electrical contacts on a Print Head or FINE Cartridges after printing.
The metal parts may be very hot and could cause burns.
• Do not throw ink tanks and FINE Cartridges into fire.
• Do not attempt to disassemble or modify the Print Head, ink tanks, and FINE Cartridges.