Initial Check Items
Before running Nozzle Check, check that the printer power is on, and open the cover of the printer.
Check the following items for each ink.
Check the amount of ink
• Make sure that you push in the ink cartridge completely until you hear a clicking sound.
• If an orange tape is adhered to the ink cartridge, peel it off completely.
Any remaining tape will hinder ink output.
• Check that the ink cartridges are installed in their correct positions.
Ink Cartridge Settings dialog box
When you click Ink Cartridge Settings, the Ink Cartridge Settings dialog box is displayed.
This feature enables you to specify the most appropriate FINE cartridge among installed cartridges
according to an intended use.
When one of the FINE cartridges becomes empty and cannot be replaced immediately by a new one, you
can specify the other FINE cartridge that still has ink and continue printing.
Selects the FINE cartridge you use for printing.
Uses the color FINE cartridge only.
Uses the black FINE cartridge only.
Both Black and Color
Uses the FINE cartridges installed on the printer, which are color and black.
• When the following settings are specified, Black Only does not function because the printer
uses the color FINE cartridge to print documents.
• Other than Plain Paper, Envelope, Ink Jet Hagaki (A), Hagaki K (A), Hagaki (A), or
Hagaki is selected for Media Type on the Main tab
• Borderless is selected from the Page Layout list on the Page Setup tab
• Do not detach the FINE cartridge that is not in use. Printing cannot be performed while either
FINE cartridge is detached.
Auto Power Settings dialog box
When you click Auto Power, the Auto Power Settings dialog box is displayed.
This dialog box allows you to manage the printer power from the printer driver.
Auto Power On
Selects the auto power-on setting.
Specify Disable to prevent the printer from turning on automatically when print data is sent to it.
Make sure the printer is on and then click OK to change the printer settings.
Specify Enable to turn the printer on automatically when print data is sent to it.
Auto Power Off
Selects the auto power-off setting.
If a printer driver operation or a printer operation is not performed within the specified time, the printer
remaining in the cartridge.