Printed materials are displayed as a collection of fine dots. "Moire" is a phenomenon where
uneven gradation or a stripe pattern appears when such photos or pictures printed with fine dots
• Scanning takes longer than usual when you enable Reduce moire.
Reduce gutter shadow
Reduces gutter shadows that appear between pages when scanning open booklets.
• Use ScanGear (scanner driver)'s Advanced Mode tab to correct gutter shadows when
scanning non-standard size items or specified areas.
Refer to "Gutter Shadow Correction" for your model from Home of the Online Manual for
• When you enable this function, scanning may take longer than usual with network
Correct slanted text document
Detects the scanned text and corrects the angle (within -0.1 to -10 degrees or +0.1 to +10
degrees) of the document.
• The following types of documents may not be corrected properly since the text cannot be
• Documents in which the text lines are inclined more than 10 degrees or the angles vary
• Documents containing both vertical and horizontal text
• Documents with extremely large or small fonts
• Documents with small amount of text
• Documents containing figures/images
• Hand-written text
• Documents containing both vertical and horizontal lines (tables)
• Scanning takes longer than usual when you enable Correct slanted text document.
Detect the orientation of text document and rotate image
Automatically rotates the image to the correct orientation by detecting the orientation of text in
the scanned document.
• Only text documents written in the language selected from Document Language in the
Settings (General Settings) dialog box
• The orientation may not be detected for the following types of settings or documents since
the text cannot be detected correctly.
• Resolution is outside the range of 300 dpi to 600 dpi
• Font size is outside the range of 8 points to 48 points
• Documents containing special fonts, effects, italics, or hand-written text
• Documents with patterned backgrounds