Select a scanner type.
This setting is not available for your scanner or printer.
Select the color mode in which to scan the item.
Select a data format from JPEG, BMP, PNG, and TIFF.
Enter the resolution. Specify a value between 50 dpi and 600 dpi.
• When using the scanner or printer with network connection, the following resolutions can be
150 dpi / 300 dpi / 600 dpi
Move the slider to adjust the brightness. Move it to the left to darken and right to brighten the
image. You can also enter a value (-100 to 100).
Move the slider to adjust the contrast. Moving it to the left will decrease the contrast of the image,
thus softening the image. Moving it to the right will increase the contrast of the image, thus
sharpening the image. You can also enter a value (-100 to 100).
Preview or scan images as separate files
Select this checkbox to preview or scan multiple images as separate files.
• When using the scanner or printer with network connection, you cannot specify Brightness,
Contrast, and Preview or scan images as separate files.
4. Click Preview to preview the image.
The preview image appears on the right.
5. Click Scan.
Scanning starts, then the scanned image appears in the application.
Scanning with WIA Driver 1.0
The following is an example of scanning using "Paint."
1. Place the item on the platen.
Positioning Originals (Scanning from Computer)
2. Click From scanner or camera from the File menu of Paint. (Select the command to
scan an item in the application.)