Cleaning the Inside of the Machine (Bottom Plate Cleaning)
Remove stains from the inside of the machine. If the inside of the machine becomes dirty, printed paper may
get dirty, so we recommend performing cleaning regularly.
You need to prepare: a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper*
* Be sure to use a new piece of paper.
1. Make sure that the power is turned on and remove any paper from the front tray.
2. Fold a single sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in half widthwise, then unfold the
3. Fold one side of the opened paper in another half, aligning the edge with the center crease,
then unfold the paper.
4. Load only this sheet of paper in the front tray with the ridges of the creases facing up and
the edge of the half with no crease facing to the far side.
5. Open the output tray extension, open the paper output tray, then extend the paper output
6. Hold down the Stop button until the Alarm lamp flashes eight times, then release it
The paper cleans the inside of the machine as it feeds through the machine.
Check the folded parts of the ejected paper. If they are smudged with ink, perform Bottom Plate Cleaning