Easy Scanning with Auto Scan
You can scan easily by automatically detecting the item type.
• The following types of items may not be scanned correctly. In that case, adjust the cropping frames
(scan areas) in whole image view of ScanGear (scanner driver) and scan again.
• Photos that have a whitish background
• Items printed on white paper, hand-written documents, business cards, etc.
• Thin items
• Thick items
1. Make sure that your scanner or printer is turned on.
2. Place items on the platen of your scanner or printer.
Positioning Originals (Scanning from Computer)
Start IJ Scan Utility.
4. Click Auto.
• Click Cancel to cancel the scan.
• To apply suitable corrections based on the item type, click Settings..., then select the Apply
recommended image correction checkbox in the Settings (Auto Scan) dialog box.
• Scanned images are saved in the folder set for Save in in the
displayed by clicking Settings.... In the Settings (Auto Scan) dialog box, you can also make advanced
• Refer to the following pages to scan by specifying the item type.
Scanning with Favorite Settings
Settings (Auto Scan) dialog box