Checking the Ink Status from Your Computer
You can check the remaining ink level and the FINE cartridge types for your model.
1. Open the
printer driver setup window
2. Launching the Canon IJ Status Monitor
On the Maintenance tab, click View Printer Status.
The Canon IJ Status Monitor opens and displays an image of the ink status.
• The information displayed on the Canon IJ Status Monitor may differ depending on the country or
region where you are using your printer.
• When you receive a notice about the remaining ink level, a mark appears above the ink icon.
The ink is running low. Prepare a new ink cartridge.
The resulting print quality may not be satisfactory, if printing is continued under this condition.
3. If necessary, click Ink Details
You can check the ink-related information.
If a warning or error related to the remaining ink amount occurs, a notification icon is displayed at the top
of the image in the Ink Details dialog box.
In such cases, take the appropriate action as described on the screen.
• You can also display the Ink Details dialog box by selecting the ink icon on the Canon IJ Status