Paper is jammed during automatic duplex printing.
What to Do
If the paper is jammed when performing automatic duplex printing, remove the paper by following these
• If paper becomes jammed during printing and you need to turn off the machine to remove it, press
the Stop button to stop the printing before you turn off the machine.
1. Pull out paper slowly from paper output slot.
Hold the paper with both hands, and pull it out slowly so as not to tear it.
• Do not pull the paper out from the front tray even though you can see the jammed paper at the
front tray. Pulling the paper out forcibly from the front tray may damage the machine.
2. Reload the paper and press machine's Black or Color button.
If you were not able to remove the paper in step 1:
Follow the instructions below to remove the paper from the transport unit.
1. Turn off machine and unplug it.
2. Stand machine up on its right side.
• Make sure the document cover is closed before you stand the machine up on its side.
• Stand the machine on a wide and flat surface such as a desk.
• Hold the machine securely with both hands to stand it up, being careful not to hit anything.
3. If protective material for transport unit remains attached, remove it.