Setting the Ink Cartridge to be Used
This feature enables you to specify the most appropriate FINE cartridge among installed cartridges
according to an intended use.
When one of the FINE cartridges becomes empty and cannot be replaced immediately by a new one, you
can specify the other FINE cartridge that still has ink and continue printing.
The procedure for specifying the FINE cartridge is as follows:
Ink Cartridge Settings
1. Open the
printer driver setup window
2. Click Ink Cartridge Settings on the Maintenance tab
The Ink Cartridge Settings dialog box appears.
3. Select the FINE cartridge to be used
Select the FINE cartridge to be used for printing and click OK.
The specified FINE cartridge will be used from the next printing.
• When the following settings are specified, Black Only does not function because the printer uses the
color FINE cartridge to print documents.
• Other than Plain Paper, Envelope, Ink Jet Hagaki (A), Hagaki K (A), Hagaki (A), or Hagaki is
selected for Media Type on the Main tab
• Borderless is selected from the Page Layout list on the Page Setup tab
• Do not detach the FINE cartridge that is not in use. Printing cannot be performed while either FINE
cartridge is detached.