Paper Does Not Feed Properly/"No Paper" Error
Make sure paper is loaded.
When loading paper, consider the following.
• When loading two or more sheets of paper, align the edges of the sheets before loading the paper.
• When loading two or more sheets of paper, make sure the paper stack does not exceed the paper load
However, paper may not feed correctly at the maximum capacity, depending on the type of paper or
environmental conditions (very high or low temperature and humidity). In such cases, reduce the amount of
paper you load at a time to less than half of the paper load limit.
• Always load the paper in portrait orientation, regardless of the printing orientation.
• When you load the paper, place the print side facing DOWN and slide the paper guides to align with both
sides of the paper.
• When you load the paper, insert the paper stack until the leading edge touches the far end of the front tray.
Is paper too thick or curled?
Media Types You Cannot Use
When loading postcards or envelopes, consider the following:
• If a postcard is curled, it may not feed properly even though the paper stack does not exceed the paper load
Load Japanese postcards with their postcode column toward the far end of the front tray.
• When printing on envelopes, see
Once you have prepared the envelopes, load them in portrait orientation. If the envelopes are placed in
landscape orientation, they will not feed properly.
Make sure media type and paper size settings match with loaded paper.
Do several sheets of paper feed at once?
• From operation panel
Press and hold the Stop button until the Alarm lamp flashes 12 times, release the button, and then press
the Color button to enable the Prevent paper double-feed function.
To disable the Prevent paper double-feed function, press and hold the Stop button until the Alarm lamp
flashes 12 times, release the button, and then press the Black button.
• From computer
Paper, and prepare the envelopes before printing.