Changing the Printer Operation Mode
If necessary, switch between various modes of printer operation.
The procedure for configuring Custom Settings is as follows:
1. Open the
printer driver setup window
2. Make sure that the printer is on, and then click Custom Settings on the Maintenance
The Custom Settings dialog box opens.
• If the printer is off or if communication between the printer and the computer is disabled, an
error message may appear because the computer cannot collect the printer status.
If this happens, click OK to display the most recent settings specified on your computer.
3. If necessary, complete the following settings:
Prevent paper abrasion
The printer can increase the gap between the print head and the paper during high-density
printing to prevent paper abrasion.
Check this check box to prevent paper abrasion.
Align heads manually
Usually, the Print Head Alignment function on the Maintenance tab is set to automatic head
alignment, but you can change it to manual head alignment.
If the printing results of automatic print head alignment are not satisfactory,
Check this check box to perform the manual head alignment. Uncheck this check box to perform
the automatic head alignment.
Prevent paper double-feed
Select this check box only if the printer is feeding multiple sheets of plain paper at the same time.
• Using this function slows down the print speed.
Rotate 90 degrees left when orientation is [Landscape]
On the Page Setup tab, you can change the rotation direction of the Landscape in the
To rotate the print data 90 degrees to the left during printing, select this item. To rotate the print
data 90 degrees to the right during printing, clear this item.
• Do not change this setting while the print job is displayed in the print wait list. Otherwise,
characters may be omitted or the layout may become corrupt.
perform manual head