• Some applications do not support continuous scanning from the ADF. For details, refer to the
• When you select a document type, the unsharp mask function will be active.
• When you select an option other than the ADF types, the image adjustment function which
adjusts images based on the document type will also be active.
• If you select Magazine (Color), the descreen function will be active.
Display Preview Image
Performs a trial scan.
• When using the machine for the first time, scanner calibration starts automatically. Wait a
while until the preview image appears.
Select what you want to do with the scanned image.
Select this to print the scanned image on a printer.
Select this to view the scanned image on a monitor.
Select this to use the scanned image with OCR software.
"OCR software" is software that converts text scanned as an image into text data that can be
edited in word processors and other programs.
Select an output size.
Output size options vary by the item selected in Destination.