• Save up to 10 items.
• An error message appears when you enter a value outside the setting range. Enter a value
within the setting range.
• For details on whether or how the cropping frame is initially displayed on a preview image, refer
to Cropping Frame on Previewed Images in
Invert aspect ratio
Available when Output Size is set to anything but Flexible.
Click this button to rotate the cropping frame. Click again to return it to the original orientation.
Adjust cropping frames
You can adjust the scan area within the Preview area.
If an area is not specified, the document will be scanned at the document size (Auto Crop). If an area
is specified, only the portion in the cropping frame will be scanned.
Adjusting Cropping Frames (ScanGear)
Allows you to apply corrections to images.
• Apply Auto Document Fix and Correct fading are available when Recommended is selected
on the Color Settings tab of the Preferences dialog box.
• Available functions vary by the document type selected in Select Source.
Apply Auto Document Fix
Sharpens text in a document or magazine for better readability.
• Scanning may take longer than usual when this checkbox is selected.
• The color tone may change from the source image due to corrections. In that case, deselect
the checkbox and scan.
• Correction may not be applied properly if the scan area is too small.
Corrects and scans photos that have faded with time or have a colorcast.
Reduce gutter shadow
Corrects shadows that appear between pages when scanning open booklets.
• For precautions on using this function, refer to
Allows you to adjust the image's overall color. You can correct colors that have faded due to
colorcast, etc. and reproduce natural colors while previewing color changes.
Adjusting Colors Using a Color Pattern
Tab" (Preferences dialog box).