Cannot Proceed beyond Printer Connection Screen/Connect Cable
If you cannot proceed beyond the Printer Connection screen or the Connect Cable screen, check the
Make sure USB cable is securely plugged in to machine and computer.
Connect the machine and the computer using a USB cable as the illustration below. The USB port is located at
the back of the machine.
Check the items below only if you cannot proceed beyond the Printer Connection screen.
Follow procedure below to connect machine and computer again.
• For Mac OS, make sure the lock icon is on the lower left of the Printers & Scanners screen (Print & Scan
screen in Mac OS X v10.8 or Mac OS X v10.7).
icon (locked) is displayed, click the icon to unlock. (The administrator name and the password
are necessary to unlock.)
1. Turn off machine.
2. Unplug USB cable from machine and computer and connect it again.
3. Turn on machine.
If you cannot resolve problem, follow procedure below to reinstall MP Drivers.
1. Click Cancel.
2. Click Start Over on Installation Failure screen.
3. Click Exit on Start Setup screen and finish setup.
4. Turn off machine.
5. Restart computer.
6. Make sure you have no application software running.
7. Redo setup according to instructions on Canon website.