1. Enable printer access control(MAC address)
Select to enable access control to the printer by MAC address.
• The two types of access control (i.e., by MAC address and by IP address) can be enabled at
the same time.
An access control type is enabled as long as the Enable printer access control check box is
selected, regardless of the type currently displayed by selecting in Printer Access Control
• When both access control types are enabled at the same time, a computer or a network device
whose address is registered to either list will be allowed access to the printer.
2. Accessible MAC Addresses:
Shows the registered MAC addresses and any comments.
The Edit Accessible MAC Address screen is displayed to edit the settings selected in Accessible
Edit Accessible MAC Address Screen/Add Accessible MAC Address Screen
The Add Accessible MAC Address screen is displayed to register the MAC address of a computer or
a network device from which to access the printer over the network.
• Add the MAC address of all computers or network devices within the network from which to
access the printer. The printer cannot be accessed from a computer or a network device that is
not on the list.
Deletes the selected MAC address from the list.
When Selecting IP address
The accessible computers or network devices are specified by their IP addresses. Computers or network
devices whose IP addresses appear on the list are allowed access.