Mac OS X Software
• Canon genuine paper and Canon feed confirmed paper are detailed in the Paper Reference Guide. Any other
paper is called custom paper.
You can use Media Configuration Tool in the following environments.
• Compatible Operating System
Mac OS X (10.4.11 to 10.6)
• Software that requires installation
imagePROGRAF Printer Driver
Procedures for Installing
Start the installer in the new version of Media Configuration Tool, and follow procedures below to install the Media Config-
• If the printer driver is installed from the User Software CD-ROM, the Media Configuration Tool is also in-
stalled and the media information is also configured. Therefore, the following procedure does not normally
need to be performed. To install the Media Configuration Tool without using the User Software CD-ROM,
such as when you have downloaded a new version of the Media Configuration Tool from the Canon website,
use the following procedure.
Double click the MCT Installer iPFxxxx for X icon to start the Media Configuration Tool installer.
Input the administrator name and password, and click the OK button.
Media Configuration Tool
• The iPFxxxx in the icon will be the printer name in use.