• When the Output Stacker is not used
Use position (2).
• When the Media Take-up Unit is used, or when the Output Stacker is stored for long periods
Lower it to position (3) for storage. (See "Storing the Output Stacker.")
When using the Output Stacker again after storage, reattach the Basket Rod on the front of the Output Stacker to the
tips of the left and right basket arms and pull it out completely.
• When printing on large, stiff sheets
Use position (3).
Set it to position (4) when printing banners or when printing on delicate paper. (See "Using the output stacker for
ejection in front.")
• When storing printed documents on the Output Stacker, always use it in position (1). If you do not, printed
documents may not be dropped into the Output Stacker, and the printed surface may become soiled.
• The Output Stacker can hold one sheet. When printing multiple pages, remove each sheet after it is printed.
• Before using the Output Stacker, remove the Rewind Spool. If you do not, it may prevent printed documents
from being held correctly, and they may be scratched.
• The Output Stacker can hold printed documents from rolls that are 62 inches (1,575 mm) long. When print-
ing longer documents, adjust the stacker for ejection in front, or use the optional Media Take-up Unit.
The Output Stacker locks into position if you lift it to position (1) or (2). To lower the Output Stacker, lift the front Basket
Rod lightly to release the lock, and then lower the stacker.
Using the Output Stacker