Use scissors to cut each document from the roll
after printing. For continuous printing (if you
will cut each page later), select Auto Cut > Yes
or select Print Cut Guideline.
Choose this option if you want to cut pages by
pressing Cutter Unit buttons for manual cutting
after printing when Auto Cut > No is selected
or Print Cut Guideline is selected in the printer
Otherwise choose this option if you want to cut
the roll edge after loading a roll.
• Automatic and Eject are valid only when you have selected Auto Cut > Yes in the printer driver.
• With Eject, printing does not resume after a series of jobs have been printed continuously until the roll is cut.
• Eject is the preset selection in Cutting Mode for some types of paper. For this paper, we recommend keep-
ing the preset cutting mode.
• If documents printed using Automatic, Eject, or manual cutting are short, rolls are advanced a specific
amount before cutting to prevent problems with cutting and paper ejection. This may create a wider bottom
margin, in some cases.
Cut rolls manually in the following cases:
Eject (when the paper surface is being scratched / to wait for ink to dry)
• When cutting wide printed documents after ejection, have two people support the documents. If the paper
drops, printed documents may be damaged.
• Do not lift the paper when holding printed documents before cutting. If the paper rises, it may affect the
printing quality or cause rough cut edges.
Specifying the Cutting Method for Rolls
No Yes Print
No Print Cut