• If horizontal bands with different color tone appear in the printed material, execute Paper Feed Adjustment in the
Step 4: Paper feed adjustment dialog box. If you have already executed Paper Feed Adjustment, execute Adj. Fine
Feed from the printer control panel and fine tune the amount of paper feed.
• Refer to "Fine tuning the amount of paper feed (paper feed fine adjustment)" for details on Adj. Fine
Feed. (See "Fine-Tuning the Paper Feed Amount (Adj. Fine Feed).")
• If horizontal bands appear even after executing Adj. Fine Feed, refer to "Banding in different colors
occurs" in "Troubleshooting". (See "Banding in different colors occurs.")
• If you cannot obtain sufficiently high print quality, change the maximum ink usage, or change the media type used as
the basis for the custom paper in the Step 1: Select the standard paper dialog box.
• If there is no luster in printed material, set the paper used as the basis for the custom paper to a paper that uses photo
ink as the Black ink.
The types of Black ink used are displayed on the right side of each media type in the Step 1: Select the standard
paper dialog box.
• Refer to "Problems with the printing quality" for details on problems with printing quality. (Refer to " Prob-
lems with the printing quality
About the Color Tone
• The color tone cannot be configured using the Media Configuration Tool. If the color tone needs to be adjusted, pro-
vide an ICC color profile that matches the paper you are using, and select that ICC color profile in your software.
• Custom paper cannot be used with the ambient light adjustment function or Monitor Matching in Color-Matching
Media Configuration Tool