Mac OS X Software
• If lines are warped or scratched, set the Head Height to be lower in the Step 5: Configure the amount of ink used
• If the amount of ink used is too much, wrinkles may appear and the ink may bleed in the printed material. Furthermore,
if the amount of ink used is too little, color production may be poor and lines may become scratched. In this kind of
situation, change the amount of ink used in the Step 5: Configure the amount of ink used dialog box.
• If horizontal bands with different color tone appear in the printed material, execute Paper Feed Adjustment in the
Step 4: Paper feed adjustment dialog box. If you have already executed Paper Feed Adjustment, execute Adj. Fine
Feed from the printer control panel and fine tune the amount of paper feed.
• Refer to "Fine tuning the amount of paper feed (paper feed fine adjustment)" for details on Adj. Fine
• If horizontal bands appear even after executing Adj. Fine Feed, refer to "Banding in different colors
• If you cannot obtain sufficiently high print quality, change the maximum ink usage, or change the media type used as
the basis for the custom paper in the Step 1: Select the standard paper dialog box.
• If there is no luster in printed material, set the paper used as the basis for the custom paper to a paper that uses photo
ink as the Black ink.
The types of Black ink used are displayed on the right side of each media type in the Step 1: Select the standard
paper dialog box.
• Refer to "Problems with the printing quality" for details on problems with printing quality. (Refer to " Prob-
lems with the printing quality
About the Color Tone
• The color tone cannot be configured using the Media Configuration Tool. If the color tone needs to be adjusted, pro-
vide an ICC color profile that matches the paper you are using, and select that ICC color profile in your software.
• Custom paper cannot be used with the ambient light adjustment function or Monitor Matching in Color-Matching
Media Configuration Tool
Feed. (See "Fine-Tuning the Paper Feed Amount (Adj. Fine Feed).")
occurs" in "Troubleshooting". (See "Banding in different colors occurs.")