The following operations can be performed from this screen.
• Add Custom Paper
• Edit Custom Paper
• Delete Custom Paper
• Export Custom Media Information
• Import Custom Media Information
• When adding, editing, or deleting custom paper, make the same changes on all of the other PCs that use the
target printer. The changes can be made easily by creating a Custom Media Information File (.am1 file) using
the custom paper export function and importing the file on the other PCs.
• When using custom paper in another printer, always add the custom paper to that printer before use.
• Canon genuine paper and feed confirmed paper cannot be changed from this dialog box. Refer to " Editing
Media Type Information
• Changing the display order of media types displayed in the printer control panel and printer driver is per-
formed from the Edit Media Types dialog box regardless of whether it is Canon genuine paper or custom
paper. Refer to " Editing Media Type Information
Refer to "Specifications" and "Paper" for specifications such as thickness and size of paper that can be added as custom
paper (See "Specifications.")
Notes on the operating environment
In low humidity environments (below 40%), your printer may develop the following problems.
• Paper becomes curled or wrinkled.
Media Configuration Tool