• Select the optimal ink level by referring to the help.
• If you cannot obtain sufficiently high quality printing no matter which maximum ink usage level you
select, use the Step 1: Select the standard paper dialog box to change the paper that is the basis of
the custom paper to another paper.
• Because this settings imposes an upper limit on the amount of ink used during printing, the printing
result might not change even if the level is changed depending on the image.
• The color tone cannot be configured using the Media Configuration Tool. Although the color tone
may change when the maximum ink usage is changed, at this point you should select the optimal lev-
el by only focusing on bleeding and scraping of ink. If the color tone needs to be adjusted, provide an
ICC color profile that matches the paper you are using, and select that ICC color profile in your soft-
• Depending on the maximum ink usage setting, some of the print qualities in the printer driver may
Configure Head Height and Vacuum Strength as required and click the Next button.
Usually, these do not need to be set.
• If you set the Head Height lower than the automatically set height in parentheses ( ), check that the
printhead does not rub against the paper. (If the printhead rubs against the paper, there will be
scratches in the printing results.) If the printhead rubs against the paper, this can cause damage to the
• If you change the Vacuum Strength, check that the printhead is not rubbing against the paper. (If the
printhead rubs against the paper, there will be scratches in the printing results.) If the printhead rubs
against the paper, this can cause damage to the printhead.
• For details on the Head Height and Vacuum Strength, refer to the help.
Mac OS X Software
Media Configuration Tool
Add Custom Paper