Configuring the Switch
Figure 3–13: Configure FICON Management Server dialog box
2. Enable or disable switch clock alert mode by clicking the check box in the Switch
Clock Alert Mode field. When a check mark displays, the alert mode is enabled.
3. Allow or prohibit host control by clicking the check box in the Host Control
Prohibited field. When a check mark displays, host control is prohibited.
4. Allow or prohibit offline state control by clicking the check box in the
Programmed offline state control field. When a check mark displays, programmed
control of the offline state is allowed.
5. Enable or disable Active=Saved mode by clicking the check box in the
Active=Saved field. When a check mark displays, the Active=Saved mode is
6. If necessary, select a code page from the Code Page drop-down list.
7. Activate changes and close the dialog box by clicking Activate.
8. If you are finished configuring the switch, back up the configuration data. For
more information, refer to
Configure Feature Key
A feature key is a string of alphanumeric characters consisting of both uppercase and
lowercase. The following is an example of a feature key format:
NOTE: The total number of characters may vary. The key is case sensitive and must be
entered exactly, including the dashes.
The feature key, which is encoded with a switch's serial number, can only be
configured on the switch to which it is assigned.
Backing Up and Restoring Configuration Data on
edge switch 2/16 product manager user guide