3. Click the squares to either prohibit or allow connections. In
address 07 is prohibited from communicating with port address 05. Also, Port OC
is prohibited from communicating with all other port addresses.
4. Click Save As to open the Save Address Configuration As dialog box.
5. Enter a name and description.
Names must be between 1 and 8 characters in length. Valid characters are
uppercase A-Z, 0-9, hyphen (-), and underscore (_). The name may not be CON,
AUX, COMn (where n=1-4), LPTn (where n=1-3), NUL, or PRN.
Descriptions must be between 0 and 24 characters in length. Up to 24
alphanumeric characters allowed, including spaces, hyphens and underscores.
6. Click OK to save changes and to close the Save Address Configuration As dialog
7. In the Configure Addresses - "Active" dialog box, click Activate to activate the
configuration or click Cancel to close without activating.
NOTE: If you click Cancel after saving, your configuration will still be added to the library
without being activated.
Manage Stored Address Configurations
(S/390 mode only) Once addresses configurations are created through the Configure
Addresses - "Active" dialog box they are saved to the Address Configuration Library.
Use this procedure to manage up to 32 address configurations in the Address
To manage saved library entries:
1. Select Addresses, then select Stored from the Configuration menu on the menu
The Address Configuration Library dialog box displays.
edge switch 2/16 product manager user guide
Configuring the Switch