Configuring the Switch
Figure 3–11: Configure SNMP dialog box
2. Click the Enable Authorization Traps field to enable authorization traps to be sent
to SNMP management stations when unauthorized stations try to access SNMP
information from the switch.
3. Click a field in the Community Name column to select the row. Enter the SNMP
community name for the trap recipient. Enter up to 32 characters. This also
defines community names from which SNMP managers can read MIB variables
from or write MIB variables to the switch. Refer to the note under
SNMP on page 3-19
4. Click the Write Authorization check box to enable write authorization for the
community name. A check mark displays in the box to indicate that write
authorization is enabled.
5. Enter the IP address for a trap recipient (SNMP management station) by clicking
in the Trap Recipient column and entering an IP address.
number, skip to step 7.
6. Enter user datagram protocol (UDP) port numbers in the UDP Port Number
column. You can override the default UDP port number of 162 with any legal
UDP port number (1 to 65535).
7. Click Activate to activate the data and close the dialog box.
The SNMP configuration is stored in NV-RAM on the switch.
8. If you are finished configuring the switch, back up the configuration data. For
more information, refer to
for more information about assigning community names.
is usually are not necessary. If you do not wish to override the default UDP
Backup and Restore Configuration on page
edge switch 2/16 product manager user guide