Using Maintenance Features
Figure 5–1: Swap Ports dialog box
2. Enter the first address (in hexadecimal format).
3. If you want to unblock the port, click Unblock after swap. Note that ports are
automatically blocked during the swap process.
4. Enter the second address (in hexadecimal format).
5. If you want to unblock the port, click Unblock after swap.
6. Click Next to continue.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions and click Next to continue through to the next
8. If you are finished configuring the switch, back up the configuration data. For
more information, refer to
Collect Maintenance Data
The Data Collect option enables you to collect maintenance data that can help support
personnel diagnose system problems. Save this data to a zip file on a Zip disk (or other
medium with the appropriate capacity), and forward it to technical support personnel.
To use this option, follow the detailed steps in the hp StorageWorks edge switch 2/16
service manual (A7284-96002/AA-RS2JA-TE).
Execute an IPL
CAUTION: The Ethernet connection between the HAFM server and switch is
interrupted momentarily during an initial program load (IPL).
Backup and Restore Configuration on page
edge switch 2/16 product manager user guide