Shift Cable Inspection
Shift cable adjustment may be necessary if symptoms
• No gear position or AWD display on instrument
• Ratcheting noise on deceleration
• Inability to engage into a gear
• Excessive gear lash (noise)
• Gear selector moving out of desired range
Inspect shift cable, clevis pins, and pivot bushings and
replace if worn or damaged.
Shift Cable Adjustment
1. Locate the shift cable attached to the transmission
case in the right rear wheel well area.
2. Inspect shift cable
3. If adjustment is required, loosen the lower jam nut
and pull the cable out of the mount
upper jam nut
4. Adjust the shift cable so there is the same amount of
cable travel when shifting slightly past HIGH gear and
5. Thread the upper or lower jam nut as required to
obtain proper cable adjustment.
attempts to obtain the proper adjustment.
6. Once the proper adjustment is obtained, place the
shift cable and upper jam nut into the mount. Tighten
the lower jam nut against the mount.
7. Start engine and shift through all gears to ensure the
shift cable is properly adjusted. If transmission still
ratchets after cable adjustment, the transmission will
9925723 R01 - 2015 RZR 900 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
, clevis pin, pivot bushings, and
. Replace if worn or damaged.
This procedure may require a few
to move the