Aligning the Print Head
If printed ruled lines are misaligned or print results are otherwise unsatisfactory, adjust the print head
• If the remaining ink level is low, the print head alignment sheet will not be printed correctly.
whose ink is low.
You need to prepare: two sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper (including recycled paper)*
* Be sure to use paper that is white and clean on both sides.
1. Make sure that the power is turned on.
2. Load two sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the rear tray.
• The manual feed tray is not available for the print head alignment procedure. Be sure to load
paper in the rear tray.
3. Open the paper output tray gently, then pull out the output tray extension.
• If the disc tray guide is open, be sure to close it.
4. Hold down the RESUME/CANCEL button until the POWER lamp flashes four times, then
release it immediately.
The print head alignment sheet will be printed and the print head position will be adjusted automatically.
Do not perform any other operations until the printer completes the printing of the print head alignment
sheet. This takes about 5 to 6 minutes.
• If the automatic adjustment of the print head position has failed, the Alarm lamp flashes.
If an Error Occurs
• If the print results are still not satisfactory after adjusting the print head position as described above,
adjust the print head position manually from the computer.
Aligning the Print Head Position Manually from Your Computer