Media Types You Can Use
To get the best printing result, choose paper suitable for printing. Canon provides various types of paper
suitable for documents as well as paper suitable for photos or illustrations. We recommend the use of
Canon genuine paper for printing your important photos.
Commercially available papers
• Plain Paper (including recycled paper)
Canon genuine papers
The Model Number of Canon genuine paper is shown in brackets. Refer to the instruction manual
supplied with the paper for detailed information on the printable side and notes on handling paper. For
information on the page sizes available for each Canon genuine paper, access our website.
• You may not be able to purchase some Canon genuine papers depending on the country or region
of purchase. Paper is not sold in the US by Model Number. Purchase paper by name.
Paper for printing photos:
• Photo Paper Pro Platinum <PT-101>
• Photo Paper Plus Glossy II <PP-201>
• Photo Paper Pro Luster <LU-101>
• Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss <SG-201>
• Matte Photo Paper
• Fine Art Paper "Museum Etching"
• Photo Paper Pro Premium Matte
*1 Printing to this paper from a digital camera is not supported.
*2 You cannot print in the top and bottom 1.18 inch (30 mm) margins of the paper (in the printing
direction). For details on the printing area, see
When using art paper, see
Paper Load Limit
Paper Settings on the Printer Driver
• You can print onto a printable disc using the disc tray supplied with the printer.
Placing a Printable Disc
• When printing photos saved on a PictBridge compliant device, you must specify the page size and
Printing from a Digital Camera
• You can use non-Canon genuine art paper. For details, access our website.
You cannot print in the top and bottom 1.18 inch (30 mm) margins of the paper (in the printing
Sizes for Art Paper
Before Printing on Art Paper
Sizes for Art
Before Printing on Art