Instructions for Use (Printer Driver)
This printer driver is subject to the following restrictions. Keep the following points in mind when using the
Restrictions on the Printer Driver
• When you set up the Page Setup dialog, be sure to begin by selecting the model you are using from
the Format For list. If you select another printer, printing may not be performed properly.
• If the Canon IJ Printer Utility does not display the remaining ink level in the Ink Level Information,
check whether the print head and the ink tank are properly installed.
• When the Canon IJ Printer Utility displays the Ink Level Information, close the top cover of the
• The following functions cannot be used in Mac OS, though they can be used in Windows computers.
◦ Duplex Printing
◦ Booklet Printing
◦ Tiling/Poster Printing
• Depending on the application software that you are using, a preview may not be displayed on the left
side of the Print dialog.
• Do not start up the Canon IJ Network Tool while printing.
• Do not print when the Canon IJ Network Tool is running.
• If you connect this printer and AirPort with a USB cable and print, you must install the latest AirPort
• If you are using OS X Mavericks v10.9, close the print status check window when you perform printer
maintenance from the Canon IJ Printer Utility.
Notes on Adding a Printer
• If you will be installing the Canon printer driver on Mac OS and using the printer through a network
connection, you can select Bonjour or Canon IJ Network in the Add (Add Printer) dialog.
Canon recommends you to use Canon IJ Network for printing.
If Bonjour is selected, remaining ink level messages may differ from those indicated by Canon IJ
Points to Note About Applications with Restrictions
• When you create a new document with Microsoft Word 2004 for Mac, a paper size other than A4 size
or Letter size may be set. Check the Paper Size on the Print dialog.