Changing the Printer Operation Mode
If necessary, switch between various modes of printer operation.
The procedure for configuring Custom Settings is as follows:
1. Make sure that the printer is on, and then select Custom Settings from the pop-up menu
Canon IJ Printer Utility
• If the computer is unable to communicate with the printer, a message may be displayed because
the computer cannot access the function information that was set on the printer.
If this happens, click Cancel to display the most recent settings specified on your computer.
2. If necessary, complete the following settings:
Ink Drying Wait Time
You can set the length of the printer rest time until printing of the next page begins. Moving the
slider to the right increases the pause time, and moving the slider to the left decreases the time.
If the paper gets stained because the next page is ejected before the ink on the printed page dries,
increase the ink drying wait time.
Reducing the ink drying wait time speeds up printing.
Detects a printable disc in the disc tray
Detects whether a printable disc is loaded on the disc tray during disc label printing and displays a
message if a disc is not loaded.
Check this check box to print with detecting whether a printable disc is loaded.
Uncheck this check box to print without detecting whether a printable disc is loaded.
• If you leave this check box unchecked, the printer may print to the disc tray even if a printable
disc is not loaded on the disc tray. Therefore, you should check this check box under normal
• If you load a printable disc that has already been printed onto the disc tray, the printer may
detect that no printable disc is loaded on the disc tray. In this case, uncheck this check box.
Prevent paper abrasion
The printer can increase the gap between the print head and the paper during high-density printing
to prevent paper abrasion.
Check this check box to prevent paper abrasion.
Detect paper width
Detects the width of paper loaded in the printer when printing.
When the paper width detected by the printer is narrower than the width of the paper specified in
Paper Size on the Print dialog, a message is displayed and printing is stopped.
Check this check box to detect the paper width.
• When you use a custom page size, correctly set the size of the paper loaded in the printer in
the Custom Paper Sizes dialog.
If an error message is displayed even though paper of the same size that was specified is
loaded, uncheck the Detect paper width check box.