1. Open the Print dialog.
How to Open the Printer Driver Setup Window
2. Select Color Options in the pop-up menu.
3. Drag the Intensity slide bar to set the intensity.
Is printing performed beyond the recommended printing area?
If you are printing beyond the recommended printing area of your printing paper, the lower edge of the paper
may become stained with ink.
Resize your original document in your application software.
Is the paper feed roller dirty?
Clean the paper feed roller.
Cleaning the Paper Feed Roller
• Cleaning the paper feed roller will wear the roller, so perform this procedure only when necessary.
Is the inside of the printer dirty?
When performing duplex printing, the inside of the printer may become stained with ink, causing the printout to
Perform the Bottom Plate Cleaning to clean the inside of the printer.
Cleaning the Inside of the Printer (Bottom Plate Cleaning)
• To prevent the inside of the printer from stains, set the paper size correctly.
Set the time to dry the printed surface longer.
Doing so gives the printed surface enough time to dry so that paper smudged and scratched are prevented.
1. Make sure that the printer is turned on.
2. Open the Canon IJ Printer Utility.
Opening the Canon IJ Printer Utility
3. Select Custom Settings in the pop-up menu.
4. Drag the Ink Drying Wait Time: slide bar to set the wait time, and then click Apply.
5. Confirm the message and click OK.