• You cannot print if the ink tank is installed in the wrong position. Be sure to install the ink tank in
the correct position according to the label on the print head holder.
• You cannot print unless all the ink tanks are installed. Be sure to install all the ink tanks.
8. Close the top cover.
The printer will automatically start mixing the ink. Wait until the POWER lamp stays lit after flashing
and the printer stops making operating noise (it takes up to about 2 minutes or less).
• If the Alarm lamp still flashes after the top cover is closed, take appropriate action.
If an Error Occurs
• When you start printing after replacing the ink tank, the printer starts cleaning the print head
automatically. Do not perform any other operations until the printer completes the cleaning of
the print head. While cleaning is in progress, the POWER lamp is flashing.
• If the print head is out of alignment, as indicated by misaligned printed ruled lines or similar
align the print
Notes on ink tanks
• Use a new ink tank for replacement. Installing a used ink tank may cause the nozzles to clog.
Furthermore, with such an ink tank, the printer will not be able to inform you when to replace the ink
• Once an ink tank has been installed, do not remove it from the printer and leave it out in the open.
This will cause the ink tank to dry out, and the printer may not operate properly when it is reinstalled.
To maintain optimal printing quality, use an ink tank within six months of first use.
• Color ink may be consumed even when printing a black-and-white document or when black-and-
white printing is specified. Every ink is also consumed in the standard cleaning and deep cleaning of
the print head, which may be necessary to maintain the performance of the printer.
When an ink tank is out of ink, replace it immediately with a new one.
Useful Information about Ink