Cannot Connect to Computer with a USB Cable Properly
Printing Speed Is Slow/Hi-Speed USB Connection Does Not Work
If your system environment is not fully compatible with Hi-Speed USB, the printer will operate at a lower
speed provided under USB 1.1. In this case, the printer operates properly but printing speed may slow
down due to communication speed.
Check the following to make sure that your system environment supports Hi-
Speed USB connection.
• Does the USB port on your computer support Hi-Speed USB connection?
• Does the USB cable or the USB hub support Hi-Speed USB connection?
Be sure to use a certified Hi-Speed USB cable. We recommend that the cable is no longer than around
10 feet / 3 meters.
• Does the operating system of your computer support Hi-Speed USB connection?
Obtain and install the latest update for your computer.
• Does the Hi-Speed USB driver operate properly?
Obtain the latest version of the Hi-Speed USB driver compatible with your hardware and reinstall it on
• For details on Hi-Speed USB of your system environment, contact the manufacturer of your computer,
USB cable, or USB hub.