Loading Paper in the Manual Feed Tray
You can load A3+, A3, B4, A4, Letter, Legal, 11" x 17" (279.4 x 431.8 mm), 8" x 10" (20 x 25 cm), 10" x 12"
(25 x 30 cm), and 14" x 17" (36 x 43 cm) sizes of paper in the manual feed tray.
• We recommend Canon genuine photo paper for printing photos.
For details on the Canon genuine paper, see
• The manual feed tray does not accept plain paper. When printing on plain paper, load it in the rear tray.
• When printing on paper other than 14" x 17" (36 x 43 cm) size from a PictBridge compliant device, load
paper in the rear tray.
Printing from a Digital Camera
1. Prepare paper.
If paper is curled, flatten it.
• If paper is curled, hold the curled corners and gently bend them in the opposite direction until the
paper becomes completely flat.
For details on how to flatten curled paper, see "Load the paper after correcting its curl." in
Smudged/Printed Surface Is
• When using Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss SG-201, even if the sheet is curled, load one sheet at a
time as it is. If you roll up this paper to flatten, this may cause cracks on the surface of the paper
and reduce the print quality.
2. Open the paper support (A) of the manual feed tray, and pull it out.
3. Open the paper output tray (B) gently.
• If the disc tray guide (C) is open, be sure to close it.
4. Pull out the output tray extension (D).
Media Types You Can