IJ Network Tool
IJ Network Tool is a utility that enables you to display and modify the machine network settings. It is installed
when the machine is set up.
• To use the machine over LAN, make sure you have the equipment necessary for the connection type,
such as a wireless router or a LAN cable.
• Do not start up IJ Network Tool while printing.
• Do not print when IJ Network Tool is running.
• If the firewall function of your security software is turned on, a message may appear warning that
Canon software is attempting to access the network. If the warning message appears, set the security
software to always allow access.
Starting up IJ Network Tool
1. Select Applications from the Go menu of Finder, double-click Canon Utilities > IJ
Network Tool, and double-click the Canon IJ Network Tool icon.
Depending on the printer you are using, an administrator password is already specified for the printer at
the time of purchase. When you change the network settings, authentication by the administrator
password is required.
About the Administrator Password
For improving security, we recommend to change the administrator password.
Changing the Settings in the Admin Password Sheet