Printing Photographs Directly from a PictBridge Compliant Device
You can connect a PictBridge compliant device such as a digital camera, camcorder, or mobile phone to the
printer using a USB cable recommended by the device's manufacturer, and print recorded images directly
without using a computer.
Any PictBridge compliant device can be connected to the printer regardless of the manufacturer or model as
long as it is compliant with the PictBridge Standard.
Printable image data format:
The printer accepts images* taken with a camera compliant with the Design rule for Camera File system.
* Exif 2.2/2.21/2.3 compliant
• Do not use the USB cable longer than around 10 ft. / 3 m to connect any PictBridge compliant device to
the printer since it may affect the operation of other peripheral devices.
• PictBridge is the Standard to print your photos directly without using a computer, connecting a device
such as a digital still camera, digital camcorder, or camera-equipped mobile phone.
(PictBridge): A PictBridge compliant device has this mark.
• When printing photos with the PictBridge compliant device connected to the printer, we recommend the
use of the AC adapter supplied with the device. If you are using the device battery, be sure to charge it
• Depending on the model or brand of your device, you may have to select a print mode compliant with
PictBridge before connecting the device. You may also have to turn on the device or select Play mode
manually after connecting the device to the printer.
Perform necessary operations on the PictBridge compliant device before connecting it to this printer
according to instructions given in the device's instruction manual.
Make sure that the printer is turned on.
3. Make sure that the PictBridge compliant device is turned off.
4. Connect the PictBridge compliant device to the printer using a USB cable (A)
recommended by the device's manufacturer.
The PictBridge compliant device turns on automatically.
If your device does not turn on automatically, turn it on manually.
When printer is correctly connected to the device, the message that the printer is connected will be
displayed on the LCD of the device. Refer to the device's instruction manual.