To ensure the best print quality, the printer allows a margin along each edge of media. The actual printable
area will be the area inside these margins.
Recommended printing area
: The area where it is possible to print. However, printing in this area can affect the print
quality or the paper feed precision.
• By selecting Borderless Printing option, you can make prints with no margins.
• When performing Borderless Printing, slight cropping may occur at the edges since the printed image is
enlarged to fill the whole page.
• For Borderless Printing, use the following paper:
• Photo Paper Pro Platinum <PT-101>
• Photo Paper Plus Glossy II <PP-201>
• Photo Paper Pro Luster <LU-101>
• Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss <SG-201>
• Matte Photo Paper <MP-101>
Performing Borderless Printing on any other type of paper may substantially reduce printing quality
and/or result in printouts with altered color hues.
• Borderless Printing is not available for legal, 11" x 17" (279.4 x 431.8 mm), A5, B5, or B4 sized paper,
plain paper, or art paper.
• Depending on the type of paper, Borderless Printing may reduce the print quality at the top and bottom
edges of the paper or cause these parts to become smudged.
: Canon recommends that you print within this area.